Saturday, February 19, 2011

Light air and we still had fun

Today we had a broad showing of people, kind of a who's who of the ice boating world. For starters we had the 4LIYC group with Jori and Team Simon, the Geneva crowd with Bob and Lou and also the Pegels, and also a group from Oshkosh with Mike and Andy, some Fond du lac guys like Lallier and pals, and then Mike and Sam from Menominee. Though the wind did fill in late and the DN's got some races in, it was a good day for all.

The big event of the day was the Sternsteerer party more to follow on that one. It for sure was the party you should have attended. More to follow.

1 comment:

  1. As the newest member of the GLIYC, I need to comment on the absolutely great folks that make up this organization. I won my membership at the GLA gala last summer in a raffle, along with a sailing lesson but I had no idea what a great experience with such a great group of people the day would turn into. By the end of the day, I was able to solo the club Nite ice boat for one of the most thrilling sailing experinces of my life.

    This group of enthusiastic sailors are second to none when it comes to welcoming new people into the club. Their passion for this sport is infectious and at the end of the day you simply want more.

    Thanks to all who made my wife and I feel very welcome as we experienced an incredible sport for the first time.

    ReplyDelete